Director of Strategic Partnerships
Kado is building web3 payments infrastructure solutions. We believe there needs to be simpler access to and utility for web3. We're building security-grade fiat-to-crypto, crypto-to-fiat, and crypto-to-crypto solutions infrastructure for customers, businesses, merchants, and more.
We believe web3's dominant applications remain to be seen. Digital assets are by far the best medium of exchange for a digital future, and we are excited to build integrated solutions around them. At Kado, we build solutions to more easily access the world of web3.Our team is determined and eager, and we're excited about building upon the future of digital money.
Our team has experience in payments, fintech, ecommerce, web3 applications, defi protocols, and consulting for F50 companies. You'll be joining a group that values our customers and how we can enable them to succeed with their web3 goals and strategies.
We're backed by some of the leading cryptocurrency investors including Hashed, Race Capital, Circle Ventures, Republic Capital, and many more great partners. As a member of our team, you'll gain access to our network of ecosystem partners and industry leaders. At Kado, you'll be working on cutting edge web3 access, infrastructure, and utility, with the goal of onboarding the next million customers, businesses, and new digital use cases.
As Kado's Director of Strategic Partnerships, you will primarily be responsible for bringing in new business opportunities, as well as nurturing and developing relationships with existing Kado customers. You will be working on identifying new markets, exploring new ways to reach out in existing markets, and scaling the Kado business development organization from the ground up.
You will be responsible for researching and engaging with leadership in different web3 ecosystems, identifying impactful partnership opportunities for Kado, and building relationships with protocols from the top down. Kado's business development practice is web3 native at heart, as we are a part of the web3 communities ourselves, and deeply partner within each ecosystem we integrate with. Kado's Director of Strategic Partnerships needs to have extensive experience in the web3 space, understand the needs of web3 application builders, and how we can best solve for their needs and various use cases.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders in key web3 ecosystems, acting as a thought leader in the web3 onboarding / payments space
- Lead deal initiatives, determining the right approach, sizing and scoping of opportunities, identifying risks and how to mitigate them, and drive a plan of execution
- Research emerging web3 ecosystems and applications, identify areas of opportunity to build strong Kado partnerships before the competition
- Creatively structure web3 native sales opportunities with ecosystems, DAOs and applications; to best align incentives of all parties and make Kado stand out as the best team to work with in the space
- Hire a business development team as our product and customer base scales
- Contribute to the broader success of the team by refining processes, mentoring more junior team members and helping recruit awesome talent
- Be our partners' biggest cheerleader, constantly in the know of their biggest updates, how we can best support, and be responsive when engaging across Telegram, Twitter, email, Slack, Discord etc.
- 2+ years in crypto / web3
- 5+ years in Sales / Business Development
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Experience building and scaling business development organizations
- Experience engaging with web3 builders and protocol developers
- Have a deep understanding of the web3 landscape, and the nuanced differences of different crypto ecosystems
- Experience using different web3 applications, understanding of how Kado can best help make a big difference for different types of applications (wallets, DeFi, DAOs, gaming, NFTs, Validators etc)
- Interest and experience with crypto / web3 ecosystems like Solana, Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, Near or Polkadot. Business development experience in these ecosystems is a plus.
- Healthcare, Dental
- Paid time off
- Personal & Career Growth Coaching
- Portion of Salary in Crypto
- Remote Work Flexibility
- Flexible Hours
- Fitness Perks
Only apply for this role if you are genuinely interested or curious about our mission and this space; this is not for someone who is just looking for “a job”
Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you’d like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Kado and your specific role in particular